Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

One of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!!



Now I know that a lot of you have reservations about science fiction, and I completely understand. I can definitely see how science fiction is not for everyone. But I was NEVER a sci-fi gal, but I absolutely loved this book! And everyone that I've suggested it to has loved it as well.

So, overall it is about the planet earth's fight with an alien race that once tried to destroy it. Well, now Earth is plotting a counter strike to eliminate the aliens before they have a chance to attack once again.

But more so, this book is about the little boys that are being trained to be commanders and fighters in this huge world-wide army. Specifically it is about a boy named Ender, perhaps the most brilliant natural-born leader that Earth has to offer, and his training.

It is really hard to describe other than that...it just takes you through Ender's life and what happens to him and his friends in this training camp. But trust me, it is EXCELLENT.

Warning: There are a couple of minor swear words and some of the things these kids go through is disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment